International market selection
Structured, Systematic Approach
Selecting the right market may be the most important decision you’ll have to make as part of your foreign expansion plans.
That’s why it makes sense to use a structured, systematic approach based on careful analysis and market research.
Using the right mix of knowledge gathering and market research, we can identify the markets that offer the most favourable conditions in which to grow your business.
Our International Market Selection service will help you:
- identify the most promising markets for expansion
- assess the potential and risks of each market
- reduce the risks of venturing into the wrong market
- get market-neutral advice and guidance from our expansion specialists
Once your market has been selected, we can help you develop a comprehensive market entry strategic plan.
Here is our five-step process for identifying the most appropriate foreign markets.
Our specialists have access to an in-house research and economic analysis centre where they can gather market and industry data, research economic trends, and find unique reports offering insightful knowledge for entrepreneurs.
- Carry out in-depth client interviews and questionnaires.
- Conduct industry and market research.
Develop an initial pool of markets and a set of screening criteria based on responses to the questionnaire and interviews.
Carry out research and analysis on general industry and market factors (including the company’s capacity), such as:
- import volume
- domestic consumption
- import value, tariffs and regulations
- consumer preferences
- other specific industry factors
Prioritize top foreign markets based on market opportunity and risk factors.
Present a report containing detailed research results and our recommendation of the most appropriate markets for your business.